A Perfect Cup of Coffee … in Miniature
When Finnish coffee company Paulig asked Helsinki-based designer Luca Zannoto to make a really tiny cup of coffee from a single coffee bean, here’s what happened:
It appears that the procedure for brewing the world’s smallest cup of coffee is a pretty straightforward affair.
- Grind a single coffee bean with an emery board.
- Place the ground coffee in the world’s tiniest coffee filter.
- Boil water over a candle flame (an essential step).
- Pour water over coffee into a tiny carafe.
- Pour brewed coffee into a really tiny cup.
[via Open Culture]
The extensively tested technique for brewing the perfect not so tiny cup of coffee.